October has already ended. Next month, we will see two new flagship chips in the face of the Dimensity 9200 and Snapdragon 8 Gen 2. In other words, we will see new Android camp high-end smartphones coming our way one after another. Recently, a whistleblower, Yogesh Brar, posted the complete specs list of the forthcoming Xiaomi Mi 13 Pro. According to the leaker, it will be a true flagship.
Xiaomi 13 Pro
– 6.7" E6 2K LTPO
– Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 2
– 8/12GB RAM
– 128/256/512GB storage
– Rear Cam: 50MP (1" IMX989) + 50MP (UW) + 50MP (Tele)
– Front Cam: 32MP
– Android 13, MIUI 14*
– 4,800mAh battery, 120W fast charging
– Surge C2, P2 chip
– Leica color science
— Yogesh Brar (@heyitsyogesh) October 31, 2022
Xiaomi Mi 13 selling points
- 7-inch 2K LTPO display that also uses the Samsung E6 material
- Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 processor
- 8/12GB RAM
- 128/256/512GB native storage
- Rear camera: 50MP basic lens (1-inch Sony IMX989) + 50MP ultra-wide-angle lens + 50MP telephoto lens
- Front camera: 32MP lens
- MIUI 14 system based on Android 13
- 4800mAh battery that supports a 120W fast charging
- Surge C2 image chip + Surge P2 charging chip
- Leica Imaging
The abovementioned camera specs are on par with the previous leaks. Before this, we heard that it would come with the Sony IMX989 CMOS. By the way, the Xiaomi Mi 12 was the first smartphone to commercialize this lens. This sensor has a 1-inch super outsole.
The most interesting part is that Xiaomi and Sony jointly developed it. Lei Jun revealed that the development cost of Sony IMX989 was $15 million. Each of the parties paid half. This is not only a milestone for Xiaomi but also a milestone in the field of mobile imaging.
Compared with the iPhone 13 Pro Max, the Sony IMX989 has a 72% increase in the photosensitive area, a 76% increase in the photosensitive capacity, a 32.5% increase in the camera speed, and an 11% increase in the startup speed.
We just want to remind you that much earlier, there were rumors as the Xiaomi Mi 13 would use the Sony IMX707 CMOS and should be around 1/1.5 inch.
As for the Leica imaging support, the machine is expected to provide Leica Classic and Leica Live quality, Leica custom filter, Leica classic shutter sound, Leica watermark, etc.