On May 24th, Gizcoupon reported that according to the sources, the firmware update 1.2.138 is being rolled out for the Xiaomi Band 8 standard edition. This update brings several significant fixes and enhancements.
The changelog for this update is as follows:
- Increased intensity of the enhanced mode vibration feedback.
- Optimized stability issues.
- Improved the delay in receiving message notifications on iOS.
- Enhanced algorithm accuracy.
- Pre-fixed the delay issue with automatic screen awakening on the phone and music control. (requires updating the Xiaomi Miaoxiang Center and Sports & Health App to the new June version for the full experience).
- Fixed other known issues.
The Xiaomi Band 8, available in both standard and NFC editions, was launched in April of this year. The Xiaomi Band 8 features a 1.62-inch OLED display with a 60Hz refresh rate. Moreover, it supports 326PPI pixel density, 600nit brightness, and stepless automatic brightness adjustment. It offers over 200 watch faces and supports more than 150 sports modes. Furthermore, it introduces a new Bean Run mode, which not only tracks regular running data but also provides 13 professional data metrics, such as step frequency, step amplitude, ground contact time, and impact force, along with professional analysis of the collected data.
Equipped with the Xiaomi Miaoxiang Center, the Xiaomi Band 8 standard edition allows control over various Xiaomi smart devices and manages audio streaming on the phone. It only takes about 1 hour to fully charge. Additionally, it provides a typical usage duration of up to 16 days, extending to 6 days in Always-On Display (AOD) mode.