The Xiaomi 14 Ultra, the annual flagship phone, is set to be released soon. Xiaomi’s brand manager, Lu Weibing, is in a dilemma about when to start preparing for the 14 Ultra launch.
According to media 91mobiles, they claim to have received an “exclusive” message that Xiaomi might launch the Xiaomi14 Ultra by the end of this month. The brand has been promoting its partnership with Leica and plans to hold an event on February 25th at MWC 2024 in Barcelona.
Reports suggest the Xiaomi 14 Ultra will have a maximum of 16GB + 1TB storage and a special edition with a titanium alloy. Reports indicate that Xiaomi is equipping the 14 Ultra with a standard metal frame and is also gearing up for a titanium alloy special edition, mirroring the strategy employed in the previous Xiaomi 14 Pro version.
The reports also predict that Xiaomi will release three storage versions of the Xiaomi 14 Ultra in China, including 12GB + 256GB, 16GB + 512GB, and 16GB + 1TB, with no 24GB memory version.
Xiaomi will release the Xiaomi 14 series globally on February 25th, according to official Xiaomi information. Whether the Ultra version will make an appearance is a major highlight of this event.
Lei Jun announced on Weibo that Xiaomi will shift its focus to the automotive business, and Lu Weibing will host future Xiaomi phone launch events, starting with the Xiaomi 14 Ultra. He also mentioned that Lu Weibing will become the brand manager of Xiaomi, and Wang Teng will take over as the brand manager of Redmi.
Currently known information about the Xiaomi14 Ultra includes:
- Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 processor
- Quad-camera setup: 50MP+50MP+50MP+50MP using Sony LYT900 sensors and f/1.63-f/4.0 variable aperture
- Approximately 5180mAh battery, supporting 90W wired fast charging and 50W wireless fast charging
- Possible inclusion of an in-display ultrasonic fingerprint sensor
- Quad-curved screen with deep curvature
- Color options: blue glass, orange silicone, black silicone, etc.