On May 19th, Gizcoupon reported that according to sources, the Xiaomi Band 8 NFC version had received a firmware update, version v1.2.138, with the following enhancements:
- Increased intensity of the enhanced mode vibration feedback.
- Optimized stability issues.
- Improved delay in receiving message notifications on iOS.
- Enhanced algorithm accuracy.
- Preemptively addressed the issue of delayed screen wake-up and music control on the phone. (requires updating the Xiaomi Miaoxiang Center and Sports Health App to the June version for the full experience).
- Fixed other known issues.
The Xiaomi Band 8 was officially released on April 18th this year (Beijing time). The first sale price of the standard version is 239 yuan (about $34), while the first sale price of the NFC version is 279 yuan (about $39). The Xiaomi Band 8 features a 1.62-inch OLED display with a 60Hz refresh rate. Moreover, it supports 326PPI pixel density, 600nit brightness, and seamless automatic brightness adjustment. It offers over 200 watch faces and supports more than 150 sports modes. Furthermore, it introduces a new “Running Pro” mode, which not only tracks regular running data but also provides 13 professional data metrics such as step frequency, step amplitude, ground contact time, and impact force, along with professional analysis of the collected data.
Equipped with the Xiaomi Miaoxiang Center, the Xiaomi Band 8 allows control over various Xiaomi smart devices and manages audio streaming on the phone. It only takes about 1 hour to fully charge. Additionally, it provides a typical usage duration of up to 16 days, extending to 6 days in Always-On Display (AOD) mode.