After more than half a year of leaks, Xiaomi’s latest top flagship – Xiaomi Mi 12S Ultra – is finally here.
The appearance of the Xiaomi 12S Ultra is consistent with what we’ve seen before. The company also claims it has been adhering to the design style of professional cameras:
- Integrated metal frame: it stably protects hundreds of parts of the whole complex optical system;
- Environmentally friendly silicone material: it simulates the texture of calfskin and is more resistant to dirt and stains;
- IP68 waterproof and dustproof.
The Mi 12S Ultra comes in classic black and fir green colors. The rear lens module adopts a disc design with a 23K gold edge.
Hardware and Screen
The Xiaomi Mi 12S Ultra sports the Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 processor. For the first time, it adopts the “leaf pulse cold pump cooling system”, and the thermal conductivity is 100% higher than that of the traditional VC. The machine also sports Xiaomi’s Surge G1 battery management chip + Xiaomi’s Surge P1 fast charging chip. Inside, it hosts a second-generation silicon oxide negative electrode battery with a capacity of 4860mAh, which also supports 67W wired charging, 50W wireless charging, and 10W wireless reverse charging.
This handset features a 2K E5 screen. The latter supports the second-generation LTPO. Thus, the refresh rate will be adjusted according to the scene. So it will save more power and last longer. There are also two stereo speakers.
Xiaomi Mi 12S Ultra Camera
The Xiaomi Mi 12S Ultra comes with a Leica professional optical lens. This is the first phone to use the Sony IMX989 sensor, which boasts of a 1-inch outsole, OIS, and many more. Other noteworthy camera features include:
- Complete 1-inch outsole: it has an outstanding photosensitive ability;
- 8P aspherical high lens film: it comprehensively improves the shooting experience;
- Full ink coating, anti-glare coating: they reduce the lens glare, record the beautiful scenery, also use cycloolefin lens and have IR filter.
As for resolutions, the Xiaomi Mi 12S Ultra comes with a 48MP ultra-wide-angle lens (IMX586, equivalent to 13mm) and a 48MP periscope telephoto lens (IMX586, 5x / 120x, equivalent to 120mm).
In addition, the Xiaomi Mi 12S Ultra supports Dolby Vision HDR video shooting. Thus, this is the first Android smartphone with such a capability.
- 8K professional film shooting;
- The 10bit RAW is calibrated by Adobe lab to provide professional photographers with a better post-production starting point.
Price and Availability
The handset is already available for pre-order.
- 8 + 256GB: 5999 yuan ($895);
- 12 + 256GB: 6499 yuan ($970);
- 12 + 512GB: 6999 yuan ($1045).